- The Vice President will forward a detailed biography form to the nominated candidate for completion. If the nominee is deceased, information will be acquired from the person who submitted the nomination.
- Following the final selection process, the names will be submitted to the MATA Executive Board for final approval.
- The MATA Executive Board must approve any exceptions to these procedures.
- Nominations are due by February 15th of each year for induction into the Hall of Fame at the annual spring meeting and awards banquet meeting in March.
Criteria for Nomination:
- A Minimum of 15 years as a member of MATA, or involvement with MATA / athletic training, in the case of Physicians and others
- Candidates should display qualities that exemplify the highest standards in the profession of Athletic Training.
- Outstanding contribution to the profession of Athletic Training in the state of Maine
- Involvement with MATA
- Promotional activities in the community
- Presentations and public appearances
- Participation in statewide activities, such as State Games, Senior Games, Special Olympics, etc.
- Involvement at the district and the national level
- Research/Educational Accomplishments
Hall of Fame Nomination Form